This is our
first post on release news and team decided to share some information on latest
Google Chrome team release update, hope more users update chrome with latest
version that fixes some high level security bugs those exists in previous
team has announced the release of Google Chrome 50 stable version for Windows,
Mac and Linux.
team shared some bug fixes description on its blog post and mentioned in post
that they will share more information in next post.
Release key features:
What we know
about Google 50 already is its list of security-related bug fixes, which the
company has announced on its blog.
includes 20 security fixes, some of them with short description we listed below
1. High: Universal XSS in extension bindings.
2. High: Out-of-bounds write in V8.
3. Medium: Out-of-bounds read in Pdfium JPEG2000
4. Medium: Uninitialized memory read in media.
5. Medium: Use-after-free related to extensions.
6. Medium: Android downloaded file path restriction
7. Low: Address bar spoofing. Credit to Luan Herrera.
Potential leak of sensitive information to malicious extensions.
mentions many of security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer,
MemorySanitizer, Control Flow Integrity or LibFuzzer.
Reference and more detail:
Bug related more
information you can check using bug tracker link
How to update: